What I am loving
1) River Swimming. Swimming in this river last week reminded me of when I was a kid and we used to go to Sylvan Glen swimming with our Dad. We would catch crayfish and have fun getting pulled by the rapids.
2) Dots on nails. Janine of Beauty Geeks is my beauty guru. What she says, I do. We worked together last week on a shoot and I loved her nails so much that I felt inspired to do the same. I think that the dots are a super cute way to spice up bright nails even more.
3) Greg May’s Smooth Operator. I met Greg May last week while shooting for The Kit and he was kind enough to give me a bottle of his Smooth Operator Leave-in conditioner to try out. I told him that I normally use Kiehl’s Heat-Protective Silk-Straightening Cream on my hair to protect it and help with the straightening bit so he wanted me to try his own product to see what I thought. Well, I love it. I love it much more than the Kiehl’s. It keeps my hair straight and shiny and soft. And yes, he named Smooth Operator after a Sade song.
4) OPI’s Jade is the New Black. Love a little green.
5) Full-out hangs with Li’l K. Last week my five year old niece, Li’l K, and I hung out full-out for four days. I had her from Tuesday until Friday and we were together every minute during that time. We did a lot in those four days and we had a ton of fun. I kept asking her if what we were doing was alright and she kept telling me that it was “the most super fun day ever.” I love her enthusiasm. I love that I can take her anywhere with anyone and she is cool. I also love her jokes and the way she can turn any frown upside down. Basically, she is one of the greatest humans I have ever met. So much love.