What I am loving
1) The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I just finished reading this book this week. I got it at Christmas from my Aunt and had yet to crack the spine. Once I did though, I could not stop reading it. It’s a story that moves across three generations of women all in the task of solving their great family mystery. It takes place near Brisbane and in England and I totally cried a little when I finished it. Loved it so much.
2) Bahamas tank. I love buying band shirts. Musicians make a lot of their money through their merch so I love supporting them in this way. I bought this baby at the Bahamas show that was at The Mod Club a couple of weeks ago.
3) Skulls. I swear this will be my last mention of my crocheted skulls. I’m totally obsessed with them. I made these lovelies for my cousin Sean who recently celebrated his birthday. He was begging me for some forever so I was happy to surprise him with them.
5) Fridge oatmeal. Another recent obsession of mine is oatmeal, which you have likely noticed. I found this recipe for Fridge Oatmeal this week on Tasteologie and tried it out. It’s super easy – just mix oats, milk, Greek yogurt together and put in the fridge overnight. I opted to add flax seeds and raspberries to mine.
6) My jewellery. The shelf in my bathroom looks like this. Every morning this mess of pretty things stare at me.
6) Keriwa. Sarah and I went to Keriwa last night for a dreamy dinner. Keriwa’s slogan is Local, Seasonal & Aboriginal Inspired Cuisine. What I love about this place is that they do a monthly menu so each month there is something different to try out. We started with gin & tonics before moving to a bottle of white wine. For my main I had this amazing rainbow trout served with sea buckthorn, nettles, celeriac and fiddleheads. All of this was served on a slab of wood which was super cool. For dessert I had this spiced carrot cake that came with creme fraiche and ginger ice cream. Yum yum yum. Hint: make sure you make reservations, especially on weekends. Countless people came in while we were there hoping to get a table and all were sent away.