What I am loving
1) Renascent. I am so thankful that being a photographer allows me access to people and organisations that I may otherwise never experience. One great organisation that I regularly photograph for is Renascent. This week I photographed two separate events for them and both really reenforced to me how important this organisation is and how many people are touched by it. In short, Renascent helps those struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction by offering a 12-step abstinence treatment program and continued support for both the one directly suffering and their family members (children included). I love what they do and I urge you to check out their website to learn more.
2) Love the Design. On Tuesday, Christine celebrated the one year anniverary of her awesome storefront, Love the Design. I have been a fan of Christine’s artwork for a long time but had yet to make it to her actual store before this evening of celebration. Basically it is filled with everything that I love.
3) Bracelets. I am really into bracelets these days. I can easily get lost on Pinterest and Etsy searching them out. I used to be super crafty and make all of my own jewellery but in the hustle and bustle of this current life, I seem to have lost that knack. This weekend I sat down and started being crafty again and I really like it.
4) Arcadian Court Relaunch. On Tuesday, Arcadian Court celebrated their big relaunch with an extravagant party. Lisa invited me to be her plus one and I was so happy that she did. The new space is stunning. The food that they had there that night was amazing – hello oysters and cavier! The best thing may have been Bobbette & Belle’s sweet table – macarons, whoopie pies and cupcakes galore.
5) Lilacs. I love this time of year when the lilacs are blooming, Their smell is incredible and it totally takes me back to being a kid. We used to seek these sweet flowers out and pick them to put in vases at home.
6) Cilantro tequila caesar. It was Cinco de Mayo on Saturday and my Moms was in town. Since my sister and her family live in Mexico, we naturally had to partake in a little Mexican festivities. The sun was out and we decided to hit up the Drake’s Sky Yard. They had this lovely caesar especially made for Cinco de Mayo with tequila and cilantro. I think that it should become the drink of the summer.