What I am loving
1) Good food. I know that the above photo isn’t that great and also that the food doesn’t look that appealing but I tell you, it was delicious. Sometimes when I am not feeling myself, I realise that the reason for this is that I am lacking something in my diet. This happened to me last week and I immediately went to the grocery and picked up some super pick-me-up food: salmon, sweet potato and brocoli. The instant power of food is incredible.
2) Joel Plasket at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Mr. Plaskett played at the QE recently and Adam and I went to check it out. The last time that I saw JP play was an intimate secret show at the Dakota over a year ago. That night was one to remember to say the least. I was excited to see him play with the full band. They rocked out and I loved it all. Frank Turner opened for him and he was equally amazing.
3) My paradise on Desert Lake. I spent four glorious days over the long weekend at my own paradise – my Aunt & Uncle’s property located North of Kingston. They have forty acres of nothing but woods and rock and I love it. Their cottage is completely off the grid – solar, spring water. We ate amazing food, laughed and had a few beers. There was something amazing about being about to be out there and work on my photographs. I am definitely the happiest when I am outdoors.
4) Bacardi at the Ritz. On Thursday, Lisa invited me to go to the Barcardi party that was taking place at DEQ terrace and lounge at the Ritz Carlton. I was super pumped to go since I had not yet checked out the Ritz and I have big love for mojitos. The drinks were great and so were all of the lovely people that I met that evening.
5) Life. Life is pretty great when you choose to make it that way and it is seriously pretty amazing how you can choose how it all rolls out.