What I am loving
1) Li’l K days. Li’l K and I had an amazing afternoon recently. I picked her up from school and we then headed to the studio for a little portrait session. She had all of her outfits picked out and it was great. We then headed to the beaches for ice cream and some stone throwing. In a mere six weeks this one is going to be six years old and I can hardly believe it. She is growing into such a cool, independent lady and I hope that throughout our lives, we will always be the best of buds.
2) El Rincon. I really like this Mexican restaurant near my house on St. Clair West called El Rincon. The food is great, the people who work there are actually Mexican and they have a great patio out back. It is kind of a hidden gem for this area of St. Clair. I also like that they have Jarritos. If you go, try the Jamaica one. On our recent visit there, Abby and I naturally had to start with some margaritas (it was a Friday, after all!) and guacamole. I then went for the shrimp burrito which was delicious.
3) Coeur de Pirate at the Opera House. The show was on Friday and it was great. I rarely go to the Opera House these days but when I found out that the show was taking place there, it was much too convenient to say no since it is located only a couple of blocks from my studio. I believe that Coeur de Pirate is one talented and definitely underrated musicians in Canada. Plus, at seven months pregnant, she was adorable up on stage!
4) Banana Bread. I really love banana bread. I rarely make it because, well, I don’t like eating actual bananas so never have them in my house to make it. But I really, really love eating bananas in bread format. One of my besties, Gillian, made me this loaf and it was all I could do to not eat it all in one sitting.
5) Bellwoods Brewery. On Monday, Josh and I checked out Bellwoods Brewery. I had heard some good things about it so wanted to see for myself. The real draw to going there that sunny day was their patio. It was pretty busy but there was room for us at one of the picnic tables outside. We basically tried all but one of their beers and I really enjoyed them, although I probably cannot tell you which I liked best. I love that their beers are made right there. And I also love their cute glasses.